Author:Elin Kelsey Publisher: Owl Kids
Non-Fiction
This is not your typical book about the environment. Because Earth is not your typical planet.
It's a world where Video games are connected to gorillas and bees can help world Peace. Where buses can be powered by poop and Geckos can teach surgeons about bandages.
A world where hope is possible and so much more is sustainable-food, energy , cities. even happiness.
I thought this was a great book becasue it had lots of information about the enviroment. It was also really fun to read because the text wasn't all in a straight coloumn, it was all over the place with awesome ilustrations. CLARA :)
ReplyDeleteI finished reading this awhile ago and I thought it was pretty great because of most of the reasons Clara said. The book also had really cool facts that I didn't know and that really surprised me. For example, pig urine can be made into plastic plates. lol
ReplyDeleteAnna~! ;D
I think this is a really awesome book, because it has so many interesting and odd facts on the environment, like the fact that old water bottles can be turned into a brand new jacket. I also liked the fact that it "isn't your typical doom and gloom environment", it is a book on different ways we can all help, and was more focused on ways the environment was being improved, not every single little thing that we are doing wrong, which to be quite honest makes me kind of annoyed, because the person writing the book doesn't know me, or my environmental habits.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the book "Not You'r Typical book About the Environment" because it had great pictures and some humour like it would have a drawing of an african bee on a camel.Also at the beggining of a section it would be funny but at the end of it was sort of drone on and on,but it was also intresting.Here is a question to the author, what inspired you to write this?
ReplyDeleteSimon.
I think the book was really great. It was filled with awesome pictures. they really helped me understand the book better. There was ALOT really interesting facts. For example our clothes are thirsty to. How did you get this information?
ReplyDeleteSarah
I think the book was awesome and i learned alot of stuff i dint know befor like how much money we spent on clothes and we spent about one thousand millon dollars and that in the use they use blue jeans to do something for the house whitch i forgot what but I thought the book was pretty good.
ReplyDeleteABI :)
I just started reading this book, the drawings are funny and I find it really interesting. it can also help us with the subjects were doing, I can't wait to meet the author at the skipe interveiw, I am pretty sure this book is going to be exciting and And I hope I get the notice on when the skipe interveiw
ReplyDeleteSOLAH
I found this book to be really interesting! I love knowing about the enviroment! I don't know why, but just do. This book had some really cool facts about the enviroment!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I loved this book!
Nina :)
I would like to hear the thoughts from other students who read this book related to the comment Solah made "it can also help us with the subjects we're doing". How does this book relate to your learning? Be specific and share examples from the book.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear more from you :o)
I finally finnished reading "not your typical book about the enviroment" I did not know that I was going to finnish it in 2 days. I am so excited for the skype interveiw next week and I can't wait to meet the author on that day
ReplyDeleteSOLAH
I just got the book and so far it is really interesting about the problems in the enviroment.
ReplyDeleteNIYA:D
I liked "Not Your Typical Book About The Environment" a lot.I enjoyed how the writer explained things in an interesting and funny way.Also I liked the layout of the book and some of the sections like "Elin Explains" and "The Perfect T-Shirt" really stood out! Also I totally agree with the author about how some books about the environment are Just plain depressing!-SARAH:)
ReplyDeleteI like the book "Not Your Typical Book About The Environment" because it was interasting about the enviroment about how you should eat local I think that was the best part
ReplyDeleteNIYA:)
I learned alot from this book like if you were to but jeans all around your house you would be helping the enviorment.
ReplyDeleteI loved this book it was very interesting.