Author:Gillian Richardson Publisher: Annick Press
Non-Fiction
Who knew that some animals can create explosions to gewt food or escape predators?Or that fireworks were once used to fight war ?
Believe it or not, some explosions are all around us, from the big bang that created the universe to the pop or seed pop, from the solar flares to the explosives gases lurking in a coal mine.
I liked this book a lot because it described in great detail all kinds of explosions and I didn't get bored like some other books I read that described to much.
ReplyDeleteI really lked this book because it talked about the halifax explosion and I never knew about that plus, I read some books that had airships in them, and know I know partly how airships originated. Eric 5:)
ReplyDeleteI really like this book because I love the types of explosions but my favourite one from the book would be when the whale showed up on a beach. My favourite line in the book is at the end of the whale part it said nobody was hurt from the bluber flying through the air.
ReplyDeleteHannah
I found this book very interesting because firstly it talks about how explosives afect buldings,transportation,and also animals.Secondly the sover has a title with exploding letters,witch quickly got my atention.Henry
ReplyDeleteI liked this book but it was disgusting when it said that a plant can squirt slime and seeds at the same time and the slime was pure green and sticky.
ReplyDeleteI liked this book because it talked about dynamite and how it was used to get rid of the rocks how to carve the 4 presidents face.I also liked the part of how planes dropped bombs on Japan to make them surrender in world war I.
Vincent
I liked this book because it had lots of details.It also had a cool layout and it was like a comic book.
ReplyDeleteBrandon 5
I liked the book kaboom because I'm the kind of kid that likes explosions.My favorite part was when the book talked about gama ray explosions.I hope you write more exciting books like this again because your book was not boring at all.
ReplyDeleteSilvano 5.
Well my favourite part was when they where talking about mount rushmoor it reminded me about a epsiboud of phines and ferb when it was her sisters birthday and they put her on it bye
ReplyDeleteI thought this book was okay but not the best in my opinion. This is because I don't really like reading about explosions and things that have to do with it and this book was all about volcanos and how they explode. CLARA :)
ReplyDelete