Silverbirch Book Club Blog Purpose

The purpose of the Silverbirch Club Blog is to engage students in reflection and dialogue of the books they are reading during the next few months. This year we have been pleasantly surprised by having more than 50 students within the Junior Grades sign up for the Silverbirch Reading Club and we realized that hearing their thoughts, feedback and reflections on a regular basis would be challenging. This blog forum not only provides students a voice but encourages peers to provide constructive feedback, making further connections to their reading experiences and asking questions along the way. Students write about what they are reading and include reading strategies such as inferencing, making connections, summarizing and/or evaluating the text. Enjoy :o)

9 comments:

  1. Ms. Vieira and I look forward to reading your comments, thoughts and reflections of the books you will be reading during this years Silverbirch Reading Club. Please visit the blog frequently and comment often :o)

    I would like to send out a special THANK YOU to Siraya, Natasha and Noah for designing and organizing this years blog. Your dedication and time commitment is much appreciated :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say thank you for everyone who made this blog. I think this blog looks amazing and it is very useful because it helps me choose which book I want to read next. CLARA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree with Clara.This blog is very organized and desighed very well!..THANK YOU Siraya,Natasha,and Noah you all did a great job.
    All you need now is to wait for the rest of the Silverbirch group to contribute their thoughts,and reflections on the a book that they had read.(including Clara and I)Aretha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siraya, Natasha and Noah I love the Silverbirch blog and you did a really great job on it! I love the polls, and I would like to say thank you for working so hard to make this blog, it's awesome! Thanks again, Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree this blog turned out great! Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys
    Thank you I am happy that you guys like It. I am enjoyng the blog a lot too
    Keep on contributing

    Natasha :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right I sure will.
    This blog is GREAT!..It's got everything
    that you would need.As you said Natasha;keep on contributing on the blog,keep on reading,and have fun.Aretha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is perfect for me to share my idea's and it is very easy to vote and this blog is very orginized. THIS BLOG IS GREAT! Eric 5

    ReplyDelete
  9. The voting session is very soon and when I me soooon I mean this afternoon!.. I am sooo excited for this afternoon.Aretha

    ReplyDelete